It’s Paper Guy!
— Student Project
Type of project: 3 month student project (production of a 10 minute fully playable game experience).
My roles: Game design, Level Design, Programming.
Made with: Unity (C#).
Platform(s): Windows, macOS.
Team: Thomas Giro (Programmer), Malo Dalmier (Game designer), Jonas Dutouquet (Game/Level designer), Jeanne Prigent (2D Artist), Marc Enciso (Sound designer & Composer), Mathieu Renard (Project manager).
Feel-good game for children of all ages, It’s Paper Guy! invites you to explore a world entirely made of paper, full of life and cuteness, and to cut it as you please!
Discover the cute hand-drawn aesthetic of Paper Guy’s lively world, solve simple puzzles, and enjoy the innocent pleasure of cutting paper!
- Determined the vision and intentions of the team for the game.
- Translated the vision into gameplay: designing a feel-good game.
- Technical storyboards of the game progression and the overall level design.
- Level design in Unity: build the scenery, set up the assets’ location and scripts (NPCs, cuttable elements…).
- Designed the cameras using Cinemachine: over 60 cameras to make a fluid sequence-shot punctuated by cutscenes.
- Asset-lists with the 2D artist and the sound designer.
- External communication (Twitter, Facebook).
- Submission to international events (IGF, Ludicious, Ping Awards…).
- Designed and coded (html/css) the website for the game.
You can learn about my work on the game in more details here.